The Woman's Cancer Association's Silver Angel Tea benefits the urgent needs of cancer patients at the University of Miami Holtz Children's Hospital, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Jackson Memorial Hospital. We serve men, women, and children currently undergoing treatment for various cancers.
This year the Woman’s Cancer Association of the University of Miami
received 35 grant proposals from research doctors and scientists at UM.
We have had a very successful year and are proud to award $240,000 to
the following grant recipients:
1. Marc C. Lippman & Nanette H. Bishopric, , M.D., Department of Medicine, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, $50,000.
2. Julio C. Barredo, M.D, Professor of Pediatric, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Toppel Family Chair in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Director, Children's Cancer Programs at Univesity of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center,$50,000
3. Jie Li, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Dermatology & Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Vincent Moy, Ph.D, Professor, Department of Physiology and Biophysics. $50,000.
4. David Robbins, Ph.D., Department of Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. $40,000.
5. Dao M. Hguyen, M.D., Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery / Department of Surgery University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. $50,000.
6.G. Patricia Cantwell, M.D., University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.$10,000.